Materials used to make Fake Whipped Cream
This is probably the most asked questions in the Re-Ment, clay miniatures, decoden, fake food making community. How do I make fake whipped cream? lol it is rather easy and you dont have to pay an arm and a leg for japanese imports. You can get just about all the different products from either a craft store or your local home repair shop like lowes or home depot. So lets get to it.
- 100% Silicone – You can use Caulk piped through a pastry bag. Be sure to use a brand such as AFM Safecoat that is is low in VOC’s and is the closest to non toxic as you’re gonna get. It cost about $8 for a 10.5 oz tube that you will need a caulking gun to use. There are cheaper brands of caulk but they have toxic materials in them that you really dont want to use or breath in. You can find it in places that sell home repair goods.
- Clay Whipped Cream – using TLS “Transparent Liquid Sculpey” + regular polymer clay and mix together
- Puff Paint – White puff paint is wonderful, especially if you use an icing tip and you can make micro whipped cream dollops that look very detailed.
- Polymer Clay – You can buy a whipped cream mold and make clay whipped cream dollops.
- Paper Clay – Use a whipped cream mold, or even pipe it through a pastry bag
- Resin Clay – You can Mold it, Pipe it through a pastry bag
- Spackle – Makes great whipped cream, frosting, icing
- Plaster of Paris – Can crack a bit so its good for those harder style of icings
- Aleene’s Glitter Snow
- Aleene’s True Snow
- DecoArt’s Snow Writer
- White Silly String
- Expansive Foam Spray
- Modeling Paste * Tip by ochamelon
All of these materials can also make fake frosting for cakes, fake icing for cookies, and even fake snow. I wrote a whole other blog article on fake snow which you can see by clicking HERE